Thursday, November 14, 2013
Bourbon Street Chicken
2 pounds boneless chicken breasts; cut into bite-size pieces
1-2 tablespoons olive oil
1 garlic clove; crushed
1/4 teaspoon ginger (can omit)
3/4 teaspoon crushed red pepper flakes
1/4 cup apple juice
1/3 cup light brown sugar
2 tablespoons ketchup
3/8 cup bourbon
1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
1/2 cup water
1/4 cup soy sauce
1 tablespoon cornstarch
1. Heat oil in large skillet (or wok). Add chicken pieces and cook until lightly browned. Remove chicken.
2. Add remaining ingredients, heating over medium Heat until well mixed and dissolved.
3. Add chicken and bring to a hard boil.
4. Reduce heat and simmer for 20 minutes.
5. Serve over hot rice and enjoy!