This Pie has 3 of our favorite things and how delicious does it look. This will feed 6 easily. Allow 45 minutes for cooking – you will adore this easy meal that will warm the cockles of your heart!
- 1.5 pounds Ground Beef, extra lean ensure it's at least 90%
- 1/2 cup Plain Bread Crumbs
- 1/4 cup Onion, finely chopped
- 1/4 cup Ketchup
- 2 teaspoons Yellow Mustard
- 1/2 teaspoons Salt
- 1 and 1/4 cups Water
- 3 tablespoons Butter or Margarine
- 1/4 teaspoon Garlic Salt
- 3/4 cup Milk
- 2 cups Mash Potatoes ,use flakes as a substitute or the real thing
- 1 Medium Tomato, chopped
- 3 Slices of Bacon, precooked and crumbled
- 2 Spring Onions, sliced
1 Heat oven to 375°F. In medium bowl, mix ground beef, bread crumbs, onion, ketchup, mustard and salt. Press mixture in bottom and up sides of ungreased 9-inch pie plate. Bake 15 minutes.Source: thewhootkitchen.com
- 2 In medium saucepan, place water, butter and garlic salt. Heat to boiling. Remove from heat. Add milk. With fork, stir in potato flakes. Stir in 1/2 cup of the cheese.
- 3 Remove partially baked beef crust from oven; pour off any drippings. Spoon potato mixture evenly into crust. Return to oven; bake 10 to 15 minutes longer or until beef is thoroughly cooked and thermometer placed in center of crust reads 160°F, and potatoes are hot.
- 4 Remove pie from oven. Top with tomato, remaining 1/2 cup cheese and crumbled bacon; bake 5 minutes longer or until cheese is melted. Remove from oven; top with green onions. Let stand 10 minutes before serving.