Why choose between breakfast and dessert when you can start the day with this delicious nod to our favorite fall pie?
- can (16.3 oz) Pillsbury™ Grands!™ Homestyle refrigerated original biscuits
- About 1/2 can (21-ounce size) apple pie filling
- Whipped cream, caramel sauce and/or maple syrup
- Spray waffle maker with cooking spray. Heat waffle maker to medium-high. Open and separate 1 can (16.3 oz) Pillsbury™ Grands!™ Homestyle refrigerated original biscuits into 8 biscuits.
- Cut each biscuit horizontally, like you’re cutting a sandwich roll.
- Place 1/2 can (21-oz size) apple pie filling in small bowl. If apples are large, cut them in half so they’ll fit in the biscuits. Place 1 to 2 tablespoons apple pieces in center of one half of each biscuit. Top with remaining half.
- Use fork to pinch edges of biscuit closed.
- Place waffles on hot waffle maker 1 or 2 at a time (depending on size of waffle maker). Close lid of waffle maker. Bake 1 minute. Remove carefully to plate to cool.
- Serve waffles warm and topped with whipped cream and caramel sauce as a dessert or with maple syrup as a breakfast.