Turn classic fajitas into a quick-prep, veggie-packed dinner bake that everyone will devour.
- 1 can (7.5 oz) Pillsbury™ Country Style™ refrigerated biscuits
- 1 package Old El Paso™ fajita seasoning mix
- 1/2 cup diced red bell pepper
- 1/2 cup diced green bell pepper
- 1/2 cup diced onion
- 1 tablespoon vegetable oil
- 2 boneless skinless chicken breasts, cut into bite-sized pieces
- 1/2 cup water
- 2 cups shredded Colby-Monterey Jack cheese blend
- 1 Heat oven to 375°F. Lightly spray 13x9-inch (3-quart) glass baking dish with cooking spray.
- 2 Separate dough into 8 biscuits. Cut each biscuit into quarters; place in medium bowl. Sprinkle with 1 tablespoon of the fajita seasoning mix; toss to coat. Set aside.
- 3 Heat 10-inch skillet over medium heat. Add bell peppers and onion; cook 3 to 5 minutes, stirring occasionally, until peppers and onion blister and char slightly or until cooked to your liking. Remove peppers and onion from skillet; keep warm.
- 4 Return same skillet to medium heat. Add oil and chicken; cook on each side until browned and no longer pink in center. Sprinkle remaining fajita seasoning mix over chicken. Add water; cook and stir until sauce thickens. Return peppers and onion to skillet; stir to coat.
- 5 Spoon chicken, peppers and onion into baking dish. Top with seasoning-coated biscuit pieces.
- 6 Bake 20 minutes or until biscuit pieces are thoroughly baked and light golden brown. Sprinkle cheese over top; bake 5 minutes longer or until cheese is melted.