Perfect for a picnic or potluck, this recipe makes three dozen delightful brownies!
- 2 cups packed brown sugar
- 1/2 cup butter or margarine, softened
- 2 teaspoons vanilla
- 1/2 teaspoon almond extract
- 2 eggs
- 2 cups Gold Medal™ all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 2 packages (6 oz each) white chocolate baking bars, cut into chunks
- 1/2 cup slivered almonds
- 1/2 cup chopped dried cherries or cranberries
- 1/2 teaspoon vegetable oil
- Heat oven to 325°F. Grease or spray 13x9-inch pan. In large bowl, beat brown sugar, butter, vanilla, almond extract and eggs with electric mixer on medium speed until light and fluffy.
- On low speed, beat in flour, baking powder and salt until well blended. Set aside 1/4 cup of white chocolate bar chunks. Stir in remaining chunks, almonds and cherries. Spread batter evenly in pan.
- Bake 35 to 40 minutes or until top is golden brown and set. Cool completely, about 1 hour.
- In small microwavable bowl, microwave reserved white chocolate bar chunks and oil uncovered on High 30 to 60 seconds, stirring every 15 seconds, until melted; stir well. Drizzle glaze over bars. Or if desired, place glaze in small food-storage plastic bag and cut off small tip from one corner of bag; drizzle glaze in diagonal lines over bars. Let stand until glaze is set, about 3 hours. For bars, cut into 6 rows by 6 rows.