Wednesday, September 18, 2013

Super Yummy Light Muffins


Ingredients:

1 Box of Duncan Hines Cake Mix
(My favorites are Spice and Devils Food, I have The Devils Food Flavor pictured here)
1 15oz can of Libby’s 100% Pure Pumpkin


Directions:

Preheat oven to 350 degrees

Empty the cake mix in a bowl and with clean hands pinch out all the clumps
(this is important because if you don’t the clumps turn crunchy when they are baked)

When they are pinched out add the can of pumpkin and fold it in with a rubber spatula

When it’s all folded together stir it for a creamier texture

Spoon into an ungreased muffin pan
(I use the mini pan because I come from the era where your mother insists you eat EVERYTHING on your plate, so I will force feed myself till EVERY last bite of the big ones are gone, so I can eat a mini one and be satisfied all the way around)

Bake at 350 for 20 minutes

Here is the Skinny: 1 mini muffin contains 90 calories, 1.75g of fat, 0mgs of cholesterol, 16g of Carbohydrates 2g fiber , 9g sugar, 1g protein

Now if you like toppings here is a quick and easy topping recipe that I didn’t make tonight, but it adds protein and extra sweetness:


Topping:

1 C Vanilla Greek yogurt ( I prefer Oikos)
A Splash of vanilla extract (I use a capfull)
½ cup powdered sugar

Mix all ingredients until they become thick and creamy
Set in the fridge for about 30 minutes then spread on the muffin and ENJOY!!

Source: Photo & Recipe ~ Mary K. of SBC

No comments:

Post a Comment