1/2 Cup of Light Corn Syrup
1/4 Cup of Butter
1 Teaspoon of Vanilla
1/4 Teaspoon of Salt
3 Cups of Powdered Sugar Sifted
4 Drops of Yellow Food Coloring
2 Drops of Red Food Coloring
1 12 oz. bag of Chocolate Chips
2 Teaspoons of Vegetable Shortening
- Combine the corn syrup, butter, vanilla and salt in a large bowl.
- Beat well with an electric mixer until smooth.
- Add powdered sugar, a little bit at at time and mix by hand after each addition.
- Mix until creamy.
- Remove about 1/3 of the sugar mixture and place in a small bowl.
- Add the food coloring and mix well.
- Cover both mixtures and chill for at least 2 hours or until firm.
- When mixtures are still firm roll a small, marble size from the orange filling.
- Wrap a small amount of the white filling around the orange.
- Form into the shape of eggs and place on a lightly greased cookie sheet.
- Repeat until done and chill for at least 4 hours.
- You want them "set".
- Combine the chocolate chips and shortening in a double boiler or ceramic bowl.
- Melt down and mix well.
- Take each egg filling, dip into the melted chocolate mixture and return to baking sheet.
- Repeat and chill again for 2 hours.
- Repeat the dipping process, chill again and you're good to go.