The whole family will love this 3 Ingredient Baked Ravioli and all you need is Frozen Ravioli, shredded Mozzarella and Bolognaise Sauce! This is the ideal Meal on those nights when you are caught short on time and it’s quick and delicious. It’s a delicious quick and easy version of a traditional Lasagna
1 pound of Ground Beef (80-85% lean)
1 Green Pepper, thinly sliced and cut into 1-inch long strips
1 large Yellow Onion, diced
4-5 large cloves Garlic, minced
2 -3 tablespoons Olive Oil
1 can tomato paste, 6 oz.
2 tablespoons Italian Seasoning (If you don’t have the mix use 1/2 teaspoon each of Basil, Rosemary, Thyme and Oregano)
1 teaspoon Sugar
1 teaspoon Sea or Kosher salt
Fresh cracked Pepper
2 bay leaves
1 – 28 ounce can of crushed tomatoes
26 ounces Cheese Ravioli, frozen, or fresh, use a good brand
2 cups Mozzarella Cheese, shredded
1. Brown the beef and the pepper, onion and garlic in olive oil in a large, heavy bottomed sauce pan.
2. When browned add the tomato paste, Italian seasonings, sugar, salt, pepper, and bay leaves. Let cook for a few minutes until the tomato paste is heated through.
3. Add the crushed tomatoes and a half of the tomato paste can full of water. Simmer for 25-30 minutes. Taste and re-season halfway through with salt, pepper and herbs if needed and again before serving.
4.While the sauce is simmering cook the ravioli just until they begin to rise to the top and float. You do not need to cook them all the way through. Drain and toss with a tablespoon of butter or olive oil.
5. Preheat oven to 400 degrees. Remove bay leaves from sauce. Toss a liberal amount of sauce with ravioli. Reserve any excess sauce for serving.
6. Pour into a greased 9×13 casserole pan. Sprinkle top with mozzarella. Bake about 25 minutes or until bubbly.
7. Best served with fresh shredded Parmesan, garlic bread, extra sauce and a green salad.