A pretty cake roll filled with rainbow chip frosting and topped with a sweet glaze and pink sprinkles.
- (16.25 oz.) box Betty Crocker™ SuperMoist™ cake mix white
- cup water
- cup oil
- teaspoon chocolate extract
- teaspoon Betty Crocker™ gel food color neon pink
- to 3/4 cup powdered sugar
- tub Betty Crocker™ Rich & Creamy frosting rainbow chip
- 1 1/4
- cups frozen whipped topping, thawed
Glaze and Sprinkles:
- 1 1/2
- cups powdered sugar
- 2-4 tablespoons milk
- teaspoon almond extract
- tablespoons pink jimmies
- Cakes: Heat oven to 375ºF (350ºF for dark or nonstick pans).
- Line the bottom of two 9x13-inch pans with non-stick tin foil or parchment paper sprayed with baking spray.
- In a large bowl, beat eggs using an electric mixer for about 6 minutes until pale yellow and thick. When you lift the beater, the eggs should fall in a ribbon.
- Add cake mix, water, oil, chocolate extract and pink food coloring and mix on low speed for 30 seconds. Increase speed to medium and beat for 1 minute.
- Equally divide batter among the two pans. Bake for 12-16 minutes, until cake springs back when lightly touched in the center.
- Immediately turn one cake upside down onto a clean kitchen towel sprinkled with 1/4 cup powdered sugar. Repeat with the other cake.
- Peel foil or parchment paper off cakes. Sprinkle a light dusting of powdered sugar over cakes.
- While still hot, carefully roll up cakes and towel from narrow end.
- Cool for 10 minutes at room temperature, then place in refrigerator for 1 hour.
- Filling: Combine Rainbow Chip frosting with the whipped topping.
- Unroll cakes and spread half the filling over each. Re-roll.
- Brush any excess powdered sugar off cake using a pastry brush.
- Glaze: Combine powdered sugar with 2 tablespoons of milk and almond extract. If needed, add small amounts of milk until you get a nice thick pourable glaze.
- Pour half over each cake. Sprinkle on pink jimmies.