A shady front porch and a glass of this iconic Southern beverage are the perfect combination for a warm summer afternoon.
- cups (2 quarts) cold water
- tea bags iced tea
- to 1 1/2 cups sugar
- Lemon slices, if desired
- Fresh mint sprigs, if desired
- Heat 4 cups of the water to boiling. In large heatproof bowl, place tea bags; pour boiling water over tea bags. Cover with foil; let steep 15 to 20 minutes. Remove and discard tea bags.
- Add sugar to tea; stir until sugar is dissolved. Pour into large heatproof pitcher. Stir in remaining 4 cups cold water. Refrigerate until chilled.
- Serve tea well chilled over ice, garnished with lemon and/or mint.
- Source: tablespoon.com