Sunday, September 8, 2013

Taco Bell Crunch Wrap Recipe

undefined
Taco Bell has to be one my guilty pleasures. Although I don’t frequent Taco Bell often, when I do, I automatically feel like I am doing something I shouldn’t be. Taco Bell is pretty expensive compared to some of the competing Fast Food esablishments. Like it’s competetors Taco Bell is also pretty unhealthy. So, when I was in the mood for my favorite, Taco Bell Crunch Wrap Supreme, I decided to come up with an afforable, healthy option I could make at home. The best part is, the total cost to feed your whole family is less than 2 crunchwraps at Taco Bell. Not to mention they are incrediabily easy to make!

I used ground chicken meat for my filling but you can use beef or ground turkey. Honestly, because of the taco seasoning no one noticed.

Ingredients:
  • 1 lb of ground beef/chicken or turkey
  • Package of whole wheat burritos (big ones)
  • Tostitos® Tortilla Chips
  • Low Fat Sour Cream
  • Tostitos® Nacho Cheese
  • Taco Seasoning 
  • Can of diced tomatoes 
  • Shredded lettuce 
  • Shredded cheese
Directions:
 
Step 1:  Cook the ground meat accordingly with seasoning, as if you are making taco meat.
Step 2: Lay burrito flat, add two scoops of ground meat and place in the center of the burrito
Step 3: Add one spoonful of Tostitos cheese (you may want to heat cheese in microwave so it is easy to spread)
undefined
Step 4: Place 5-10 Tostitos chips over the cheese
undefined
Step 5: Add a heaping spoonful of sour cream and spoonful of tomatoes
undefined
Step 6: Take one handful of shredded lettuce and generous portion of shredded cheese and  place over the sour cream.

Step 7: Lay another Burrtio on top.

Step 8: Pour a little water in a cup and place it next to you. As you start to fold in the burrito you will need to moisten the burrito so that it sticks.
undefined
Step 9: Add some butter or non stick spray to your skillet and cook for about 2 minutes on each side or until golden brown.
undefined
Source: Tostitos

No comments:

Post a Comment