This flavorful cake is perfect to make during the cold winter months
- 1 package Duncan Hines® Signature Spice Cake Mix
- water, oil and eggs called for on cake mix package
- 1 can (15 oz.) sliced pears in light syrup, drained and diced
- 1 container Duncan Hines® Creamy Home-Style Classic Vanilla Frosting
- 1 cup chopped toasted pecans or walnuts
- ground cinnamon, for dusting
- Preheat oven to 375ºF. Grease and flour 12-cup muffin pan. Do not use liners.
- Combine cake mix, water, oil and eggs in large bowl with wooden spoon until blended. Set aside 12 pieces of diced pear for garnish. Stir remaining pears into batter. Pour into prepared pan.
- Bake 18 minutes or until toothpick inserted in center comes out clean.
- Cool completely in pan on wire rack.
- Spread frosting around outside of cupcakes. Roll frosting in chopped pecans.
- Pipe Maple Spice Frosting onto cupcakes and garnish with diced pear and dust with cinnamon.