Fresh summer strawberries and blueberries make this spectacular dessert rich in and full of flavor. It's easy to make and ready to chill in 25 minutes.
- 1 4-serving-size package instant vanilla pudding mix
- 2 cups milk
- 1 8 ounce package cream cheese, softened
- 1 6 ounce container vanilla yogurt
- 1 10 3/4 ounce frozen loaf pound cake, thawed and cubed (3/4-inch cubes)
- 6 cups strawberries, quartered
- 2 cups blueberries and/or raspberries
- 1 recipe Berry Sauce
- 2 cups fresh or frozen (thawed) strawberries or raspberries
- 2 - 3 tablespoons sugar
- 1 tablespoon raspberry liqueur, rum, or orange juice
1. Prepare pudding mix according to package directions using the milk; set aside. In a large mixing bowl beat cream cheese and yogurt with an electric mixer on medium speed until smooth; stir in pudding.
2. To assemble trifle, in a 2-1/2- to 3-quart glass bowl layer one-third of the cake cubes, one-third of the pudding mixture, and one-third of the strawberries and blueberries. Repeat layers twice. Cover and chill 4 to 24 hours. Spoon Berry Sauce onto individual serving plates; top with trifle. Makes 8 to 10 servings.
1. In a blender or food processor combine fresh or frozen (thawed) strawberries or raspberries, sugar, and raspberry liqueur, rum, or . Cover and blend or process until smooth. If desired, press sauce through a fine-mesh sieve to remove seeds. Cover and chill until serving time or up to 24 hours.