All you need is 5 simple ingredients to make up a batch of these Pumpkin Fritters and they’re on the table in just 20 minutes. They’re a delicious quick and easy snack that the whole family will love.
- 5 cups shredded butternut squash, lightly packed (See Kelly’s Note)
- 2/3 cup all-purpose flour
- 2 large eggs, lightly beaten
- 1 1/2 Tablespoons minced fresh sage
- Vegetable oil
- In a large bowl, combine the shredded butternut squash, flour, eggs, minced sage, 1/4 teaspoon salt and 1/8 teaspoon pepper to the bowl, stirring until the mixture is combined. Line a plate with paper towels.
- Liberally coat the bottom of a large sauté pan with vegetable oil and place it over medium-high heat. Once the oil is hot, scoop 3-tablespoon mounds of the mixture into the pan, pressing them lightly into rounds and spacing them at least 2 inches apart. Cook the fritters for 2 to 3 minutes, then flip them once and cook an additional 2 minutes until golden brown and cooked throughout. Transfer the fritters to the paper towel-lined plate and immediately sprinkle them with salt. Repeat the scooping and cooking process with the remaining mixture.
- Kelly’s Note:
- Butternut squash can be peeled and then shredded on either the large hole of a box grater or, to save time, in a food processor.