Salty bacon, buttery leek and fire-roasted tomatoes, topped off with savory cheese...this is one finger-lickin' quiche!
- 1 Pillsbury™ Refrigerated Pie Crust
- 3 slices thick cut bacon, diced
- 1 large leek, sliced, rinsed and drained
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 1 (14.5 oz) can Muir Glen™ organic fire roasted tomatoes, drained
- 3 large eggs
- 1 cup half and half
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup shredded flavorful cheese (Swiss, gouda, cheddar, etc)
- Preheat the oven to 325°F.
- Lay the prepared pie crust in a quiche or pie pan.
- Fry the bacon in a skillet until crispy. Set aside.
- While the bacon is frying, to save time heat the butter in another skillet and cook the leek over medium high heat until softened, 5-7 minutes.
- Beat the eggs, half and half and salt in a mixing bowl with a wire whisk until combined.
- Place the leek, bacon and fire-roasted tomatoes in the pie shell and pour the egg mixture over. Bake for 35-45 minutes or until the quiche feels firm at the center. Let sit for 5 minutes before serving.