- 1 cup unsalted butter, melted
- 2 cups granulatd sugar
- 3 eggs, room temperature
- ¼ cup fresh orange juice
- 1 Tbls vanilla extract
- 3¼ all-purpose flour
- ½ tsp salt
- 2½ tsp baking powder
- ¾ tsp baking soda
- 1 Tbls cinnmamon
- pinch of ground cloves
- pinch of ground nutmeg
- 2 cups shredded carrots
- 1 cup shredded zucchini (unpeeled)
- 1 cup diced, peeled apple
- ½ cup pecans, chopped (optional)
- ½ cup cream cheese, softened (I use light)
- ¼ cup unsalted butter, softened
- 2 - 3 cups powdered sugar
- 1-3 Tbls orange juice as needed
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Grease and flour two 8x4 inch loaf pans.
- Blend butter, sugar, egg, orange juice, and vanilla together.
- Combine flour, salt, baking powder, baking soda, cinnamon, cloves, and nutmeg together.
- Fold dry ingredients into wet along with carrots, zucchini, apples, and pecans.
- Pour into prepared pans.
- Bake until golden brown, approximately 1 hour, or until loaves spring back when gently pressed with fingers.
- Let cool before icing.
- Cream together cream cheese and butter. Add in powdered sugar and continue mixing. Drizzle in orange juice until desired consistency is achieved.
- Frost bread and enjoy!