Yeah, that's right. Tomato caprese in Hasselback potato-style with a balsamic drizzle – perfect for eating al fresco!
- 4 Roma tomatoes
- 1 pre-sliced log fresh mozzarella cheese
- 10 large basil leaves, torn in half
- 1/2 cup balsamic vinegar
- 1 tablespoon extra-virgin olive oil
- 1 pinch coarse salt and freshly ground pepper
- Thinly slice each tomato, being careful not to cut through the bottom.
- Cut each mozzarella slice in half, creating half moons.
- Layer a piece of basil on top of each mozzarella slice and wedge it between each tomato slice.
- In the meantime, bring the balsamic vinegar to a boil and cook until thick, 4 minutes.
- Drizzle the vinegar and oil over the tomatoes and season with a pinch of salt and pepper.
- Serve immediately.