Follow Spend With Pennies on Pinterest for more great recipes!
- Prepared pie crusts for a double crust pie (such as Pillsbury) or your favorite pie crust recipe
- 2 x 8 oz cream cheese, softened
- ½ cup sugar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 2 eggs
- 6 large apples, peeled and thinly sliced (about ⅛")
- 2 teaspoons lemon juice
- ½ cup white sugar
- 2 tablespoons flour
- 2 teaspoons ground cinnamon
- caramel sauce for serving (optional)
- Preheat oven to 400°F. Line a pie pan with the bottom pie crust.
- With mixer on high, combine cream cheese, sugar and vanilla until fluffy. Add in eggs and mix until combined. Pour cream cheese mixture into the pie crust.
- In large bowl, combine apples, lemon juice, sugar, flour and cinnamon. Gently place apples on top of cream cheese mixture.
- Top apples with second pie crust turning the crust inwards to bake. Cut a few small slits into the top of the pie.
- Line a pan with parchment paper and place the pie on the pan. Cover loosely with a piece of foil and bake 30 minutes. Remove foil and bake an additional 30 minutes or until the apples feel soft when a knife is inserted. Remove from the oven and cool 10 minutes.
- Place a large plate over the top of the pie and flip it upside down releasing the pie onto the plate. Cool 1 hour on the countertop and then refrigerate 4 hours or overnight. Serve cold with caramel sauce.
Store this pie uncovered in the refrigerator. If you have any leftovers, cover only the cut portion of the pie with plastic wrap but leave the crust uncovered, this keeps it from getting soggy.