- 4 Tbsp pineapple juice
- 2/3 cup all purpose flour
- 2 eggs
- 2/3 cup sugar
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 2 Tablespoons Pineapple Juice
- 1/4 cup butter -1/2 stick
- 2/3 cup brown sugar
- 1-can pineapple rings
- 8-maraschino cherries
For the Cake:
For the Glaze & Topping:
- Preheat oven to 350F
- Spray your pan with non-stick cooking spray or lightly butter.
- In a Large bowl combine the Eggs, Sugar, Pineapple Juice, Flour, Baking Powder & the Salt and mix until well incorporated.
- In a small sauce pan, melt the butter, once melted add in the brown sugar and the 2 tablespoons of pineapple juice and stir constantly on medium heat for 45 seconds, set aside.
- Spoon a layer of the hot mixture into the bottom of each tin, then place a pineapple ring on top. Add a cherry in the middle of each of the pineapples
- Spoon the cake batter into each cup, being sure to only fill each one 3/4 the way full.
- Bake for 15-20 minutes or until a toothpick inserted into the center comes out clean
- Once baked, remove from the oven and allow to cool in the pan for 10 minutes
- Gently run a knife around the edge of each cake to help loosen, because they tend to stick slightly.
- Place each cake on a wire cooling rack & allow to cool completely