- 2 1/4 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 1/3 -tablespoon vanilla extract
- 3 large eggs
- 1 1/2 cups sugar
- 3 1/2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1-teaspoon salt
- 1 1/4 cups milk
- 1/2 cup Vegetable oil
- 1 stick butter (not margarine), softened
- 1 package of fresh Strawberries
- 1/4 cup powdered sugar- set aside
- 1 (8 ounce) package cream cheese, softened
- 2 cups heavy cream
- 1/2 cup white sugar
- 1 1/2 teaspoons vanilla extract
For the Yellow Cake (3 layer)
For the Whipped Cream Cheese Frosting:
- First you need to preheat oven to 350F.
- Spray THREE 9 x 1 1/2-inch round pans with cooking spray or grease with butter.
- In a large bowl combine the flour, sugar, baking powder & the salt until well combined.
- Add the milk, vegetable oil, butter & the vanilla to the flour mixture and Mix VERY well
- (I recommend using an electric mixer), but you can do it by hand, just be sure its completely mixed.
- Finally, add in the eggs & continue mixing until well combined
- Pour batter into your greased pans and bake at 350F for 17 to 22 minutes OR until a tooth pick comes out clean when inserted.
- Chop up 3/4 of the package of strawberries,r in a large mixing bowl, sprinkle the set aside 1/4 cup of powdered sugar on top of the chopped strawberries & add half a teaspoon of water and mix gently until well combined, set to the side.
- Be sure to cool the cakes completely prior to frosting or adding the strawberries.
- Combine the cream cheese, sugar, vanilla extract in a large bowl or into a stand mixer bowl
- If using a stand mixer, use the whisk attachment and mix on Med till creamy.
- While the mixture is still whipping, slowly pour in heavy cream.
- Remember to scrape the bottom of the bowl a few times in between mixing.
- Continue mixing until slightly sturdy texture.
- Frost the cooled cakes (I left the sides exposed because it gives it a nice look)
- One by one frost the top of the cakes and spoon the strawberry mixture on top of the frosting of each layer until you reach the top where the last 1/4 of the strawberries can either be chopped up and sprinkled on top of slice them and place them on top.
- Lastly, Enjoy!
for the Strawberry filling:
Whipped Cream Cheese Frosting Instructions: