You won’t be able to stop at one slice of this amazing Banana Caramel Pavlova Cake!
- 3 eggwhites
- 3/4 cup (165g) caster sugar
- 600ml thickened cream, whisked to soft peaks
- 450g dulce de leche (see note)
- 2 ripe bananas
- 100g shaved dark chocolate
- Step 1
- Preheat the oven to 120°C. Line a large baking tray with baking paper and use a pencil to draw two 10cm x 25cm rectangles on the paper.
- Step 2Whisk eggwhites with a pinch of salt in an electric mixer until soft peaks form. Gradually add sugar, a tablespoon at a time and whisking after each addition, until stiff and glossy.
- Step 3Using the pencil markings as templates, evenly spread meringue on the baking paper to make 2 rectangles.
- Step 4Bake for 45 minutes or until crisp, then turn off the oven and leave to cool completely with the oven door closed.
- Step 5Divide cream between 2 bowls and swirl half the dulce de leche through 1 bowl.
- Step 6To assemble, place 1 meringue on a serving platter. Top with dulce de leche cream and remaining dulce de leche, then slice the bananas and arrange on top. Sandwich with remaining meringue. Spread remaining cream over the top and garnish with chocolate. Serve immediately.