- Nonstick cooking spray
- 1/4 cup coarsely crushed cheese crackers
- 1 tablespoon unsalted butter
- 2 cups mashed potatoes (leftover or fresh)
- 1/3 cup sour cream
- 1/4 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/4 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 4 ounces shredded sharp cheddar cheese
- 4 slices cooked bacon, crumbled
- 1 green onion, thinly sliced
- 1/4 cup finely chopped red onion
- 1 tablespoon chopped fresh parsley
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Spray small casserole dish with nonstick spray. In small bowl, combine crackers and butter.
- If using leftover potatoes, heat them in microwave 1 minute to soften. Add sour cream, garlic powder and pepper; stir until well combined. Reserve 2 tablespoons each cheese and bacon. Add onions, parsley and remaining cheese and bacon to potatoes; stir until well combined.
- Transfer mixture to prepared casserole dish and sprinkle with cracker mixture and reserved bacon and cheese. Bake 25 minutes or until heated through.