- 1 lb ground chicken
- 1 cup breadcrumbs (I used Panko ), divided
- 1 medium onion, finely chopped
- 1 tablespoon chopped fresh parsley
- 1/2 cup Parmesan cheese
- 2 tsp garlic salt
- 1 tbsp teaspoon black pepper
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1 large egg, beaten
- 8 oz mozzarella
- marinara sauce
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees.
- Spray a muffin pan with non-stick cooking spray.
- Cut the mozzarella into 1" cubes.
- In a medium bowl, stir together 1/4 cup of the breadcrumbs, onion, parsley, parmesan, salt, pepper, garlic, and egg until well mixed.
- Add the ground chicken and use your hands to gently mix together with the other ingredients (get your hands wet beforehand and it won't be as messy).
- Form the meatballs by rolling the mixture into a ball with your hands, making a ball about the size of your palm.
- Press a cube of cheese into the middle of the meatball and form meat around the cheese until covered.
- Place remaining breadcrumbs into a bowl.
- Roll meatballs in the breadcrumbs, then place into muffin tin.
- Bake for 20-25 mins, until cooked all the way through.
- Top with marinara sauce and serve!