These are the perfect light dessert for those hot, sticky summer days!
- 1/2 cup flour
- 8 tablespoons (1 stick) butter
- 1/4 cup chopped walnuts
- 8 ounces cream cheese
- 1 cup confectioners’ sugar
- 1 8-ounce container Cool Whip
- 2 3.4 oz. packages instant lemon pudding
- 3 cups milk
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F.
- Using a pastry cutter, cut the butter into the flour until it resembles coarse meal.
- Gently mix in nuts.
- Press into an ungreased 9 X 13-inch baking dish.
- Bake for 10 minutes, until lightly golden.
- Allow crust to cool completely before proceeding.
- In mixing bowl, beat cream cheese and confectioners’ sugar together.
- Fold in half of the Cool Whip.
- Spread cream cheese mixture over the cooled crust.
- In a medium bowl, mix the two packages of pudding with the milk. Let sit as directed and then spread over the cream cheese layer.
- Spread remaining Cool Whip over the pudding layer.
- Refrigerate two hours before serving.