Fresh summer strawberries and blueberries make this spectacular dessert rich in vitamin C and full of flavor. It's easy to make and ready to chill in 25 minutes.
- 1 4-serving-size package instant vanilla pudding mix
- 2 cups milk
- 1 8 ounce package cream cheese, softened
- 1 6 ounce container vanilla yogurt
- 1 10 3/4 ounce frozen loaf pound cake, thawed and cubed (3/4-inch cubes)
- 6 cups strawberries, quartered
- 2 cups blueberries and/or raspberries
- 1 recipe Berry Sauce
- 2 cups fresh or frozen (thawed) strawberries or raspberries
- 2 - 3 tablespoons sugar
- 1 tablespoon raspberry liqueur, rum, or orange juice
1. Prepare pudding mix according to package directions using the milk; set aside. In a large mixing bowl beat cream cheese and yogurt with an electric mixer on medium speed until smooth; stir in pudding.
2. To assemble trifle, in a 2-1/2- to 3-quart glass bowl layer one-third of the cake cubes, one-third of the pudding mixture, and one-third of the strawberries and blueberries. Repeat layers twice. Cover and chill 4 to 24 hours. Spoon Berry Sauce onto individual serving plates; top with trifle. Makes 8 to 10 servings.
1. In a blender or food processor combine fresh or frozen (thawed) strawberries or raspberries, sugar, and raspberry liqueur, rum, or orange juice. Cover and blend or process until smooth. If desired, press sauce through a fine-mesh sieve to remove seeds. Cover and chill until serving time or up to 24 hours.