- 1/2 head green cabbage (about 1 1/2 lbs.), outer leaves discarded, quartered
- 6 large scallions
- 1 tablespoon EVOO, plus more for brushing
- Salt and pepper
- 3 tablespoons mayonnaise
- 3 tablespoons mirin (rice wine)
- 1 cup shredded carrots
- Preheat a grill to medium-high. Brush the cabbage and scallions with some EVOO; season with salt and pepper. Grill the cabbage, cut side down, for 2 minutes, then rotate a quarter turn and grill another 2 minutes. Repeat on the other cut side. Meanwhile, grill the scallions until just tender, 2 to 4 minutes; let cool slightly.
- Cut out the cabbage core and discard. Thinly slice the cabbage leaves and scallions.
- In a large bowl, whisk together the mayonnaise, mirin and 1 tbsp. EVOO. Add the cabbage, scallions and carrots; toss to coat and season with salt and pepper.