This beautiful Berry Pavlova Wreath is sure to be a huge hit for your next celebration. Frozen berries will work well in this easy recipe. Your friends and family will be so impressed and it will look breathtaking on your table.
- 4 egg whites
- pinch of salt
- 1 cup caster sugar
- 2 teaspoons cornflour
- 1 teaspoon white vinegar
- 1 cup cream, whipped
- your choice of fresh or frozen berries for decoration
- fresh mint leaves
- Preheat oven to 150C degrees.
- On a baking paper, draw a circle by tracing a plate or round baking pan. I used a 10-inch plate as a template. Place paper on a baking tray.
- In a large dry mixing bowl, beat egg whites and salt with an electric beaters until stiff peak forms. Add the sugar gradually, beating constantly after each addition. Beat until mixture is thick and glossy and all sugar has dissolved.
- Fold in the vinegar and cornflour using a metal spoon.
- Spoon dollops of mixture along the traced circle on the baking paper creating a wreath form.
- Bake the pavlova for 40 minutes, or until it is pale cream in colour and crisp. Reduce the heat to a very slow 120C degrees and bake for further 10 minutes. Please take note that oven temperature varies. You may need to adjust baking time depending on your oven.
- Turn oven off and leave pavlova to cool inside, leaving oven door ajar with a wooden spoon.
- Meanwhile, prepare your berries or choice of topping.
- Once pavlova has cooled completely, remove from oven. Do not worry about little cracks, it is normal.
- Top pavlova with freshly whipped cream. Decorate with berries and fresh mint leaves.