If you’re looking for a delicious family meal you can’t go past this Creamy Chicken Bake. It’s packed with Mushrooms, Bacon & Spinach, topped with creamy mashed Potato and on the table in no time!
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 20g butter
- 1.2kg chicken thigh fillets, trimmed, cut into 4cm pieces
- 2 leeks, trimmed, halved, washed, sliced
- 200 grams middle bacon rashers, trimmed, chopped
- 1 cup mushrooms, thickly sliced
- 1/2 cup dry white wine
- 1/3 cup plain flour
- plain flour
- 3/4 cup pure cream
- 80 grams baby spinach
- Mashed Potato Topping:
- 1.6 kilo potatoes, peeled, chopped
- 100g butter, chopped
- 1/2 cup cup milk
- Make Mashed-potato topping Place potato in a large saucepan. Cover with cold water. Bring to the boil. Simmer over medium heat for 10 to 15 minutes or until tender. Drain. Return to pan. Add butter and milk. Mash until smooth.
- Step 2
Meanwhile, preheat oven to 200°C/180°C fan-forced. Heat oil and butter in a large, deep frying pan over medium-high heat. Cook chicken, in batches, for 2 to 3 minutes or until browned. Transfer to a 6cm-deep, 3.8 litre-capacity baking dish.
- Step 3
Add leek and bacon to pan. Cook, stirring, for 8 minutes, or until leek has softened. Add mushrooms. Cook for 4 to 5 minutes or until tender. Add wine. Bring to the boil. Boil for 2 minutes. Add flour. Cook, stirring, for 1 minute. Gradually stir in stock and cream. Bring to the boil. Remove from heat. Season with salt and pepper. Place spinach over chicken in dish. Carefully pour cream mixture over spinach. Stir to combine. Top evenly with mashed potato. Bake for 25 to 30 minutes or until golden and chicken is cooked through. Stand for 10 minutes. Serve.