We love this Chicken Parmesan Meatloaf stuffed with Mozzarella Cheese and baked in a muffin pan! It’s ready in 30 minutes and sure to become a firm family favorite.
- 1 cup panko
- 1/2 cup Parmesan cheese
- 1 tablespoon extra-virgin olive oil
- 1 egg
- 1 pound ground chicken breast (or dark meat)
- 1/2 cup diced red bell pepper
- 1/2 cup diced white onion
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 tablespoon dried oregano
- 6 fresh basil leaves, torn
- 1 pinch salt and pepper
- 16 small mozzarella cubes, cut from a block
- 2 cups Muir Glen™ organic Cabernet marinara pasta sauce
- Preheat oven to 400° F.
- In a small bowl, combine the panko, half of the Parmesan cheese, and the olive oil. Using your fingers, combine the mixture until it's evenly coated. Set aside.
- In a large bowl, lightly beat the egg. Then add the chicken, red bell pepper, onion, garlic, oregano, the remaining Parmesan, basil, and a pinch of salt and pepper. Mix well with your hands.
- Lightly coat a mini muffin tin with cooking spray. Place a couple of tablespoons of the chicken mixture in each well. Nestle a cube of mozzarella in the center of the mixture. Pat the chicken over the cheese to completely cover it.
- Sprinkle the panko/Parmesan mixture on top of each chicken mound, lightly pressing it into the meat.
- Bake for 25 to 30 minutes, or until the panko is golden brown and the chicken is cooked through. If needed, you may broil the panko to further brown it.
- Let rest 5 minutes. Then using a knife, lightly loosen each cupcake from the muffin tin.
- In the meantime, warm the marinara sauce in a small saucepan.
- Serve meatloaf cupcakes with warmed marinara.