Triple chocolate fudge cake is spiked with flavorful stout, baked into a SuperMoist™ cake and topped with caramel-kissed marshmallow fluff buttercream and a rich layer of dulce de leche.
- 1 (15.25 oz.) box Betty Crocker™ SuperMoist™ Triple Chocolate Fudge Cake Mix
- 3 eggs
- 1 cup stout beer
- 1/2 cup vegetable oil
- 3 cups butter, softened
- 4 cups powdered sugar
- 2 (7 oz.) jars marshmallow creme
- 4 tablespoons caramel coffee creamer
- 1/4 cup cacao powder
- 1 (13.4 oz.) can dulce de leche caramel
- Preheat oven to 350ºF. Spray two 7” baking pans with nonstick spray.
- In a large bowl or stand mixer, beat together cake mix with eggs, beer and vegetable oil until smooth. Pour batter evenly between the two prepared pans. Bake for 29-35 minutes, or until center of each cake springs back when touched lightly. Remove and cool completely. Once cool, use a large serrated knife to slice cakes in half, creating four cake rounds.
- In a stand mixer, cream butter until soft and fluffy. Slowly beat in confectioners' sugar, about 1/2 cup at a time. Add 1 tablespoon coffee creamer, mixing until smooth. Gently fold the marshmallow creme into frosting until thoroughly incorporated. Spoon all but 1 1/2 cups of frosting into two large icing bags. Add cocoa powder and remaining two tablespoons of coffee creamer to the bowl and beat until smooth.
- Place one cake round on a cake stand. Spread half of the chocolate frosting on top. Top with a second cake round, spread a small amount of white frosting between the next layers, then chocolate between the final layers. Frost around the top and sides of the cake with the marshmallow buttercream. Spread dulce de leche on the top of the cake. Refrigerate for 1-2 hours before slicing and serving.