Tangy sweet sour cream filling is topped with holiday-spiced whole cranberry sauce. This simple recipe is a perfect new pastry to showcase on your holiday dessert table!
- 1 Pillsbury™ Refrigerated Pie Crust, baked in a 9-inch pie pan and cooled
- 2 (8 ounce) packages cream cheese, softened
- 8 ounces sour cream
- 1-1/2 cups sugar, divided
- 3 tablespoons orange or almond liqueur
- 2 cups whole fresh cranberries or 1 (15-ounce) can whole berry cranberry sauce
- 1/2 teaspoon pumpkin pie spice
- In a stand mixer or large bowl beat cream cheese until smooth and creamy. Add sour cream and 3/4-cup sugar. Beat until smooth and well combined. Spoon into prepared pie crust. Refrigerate until topping is prepared.
- In a saucepan over medium high heat, stir together remaining 1/2-cup of sugar, orange liqueur, fresh cranberries and pumpkin pie spice. Bring to a boil, stirring constantly allow to boil for 1-2 minutes. Remove and cool completely. Once cool, spread on top of pie. Cover pie and refrigerate an additional 1-2 hours, or until topping is set and filling is firm.
Source: Recipe by Cheeky Kitchen