Creamy chicken enchilada chowder with black beans, corn, tomatoes, and cheese. Throw it in the crockpot and forget about it for a couple of hours and come back to delicious comforting soup.
- 1 (15 ounce) can black beans, rinsed and drained
- 1 (14.5 ounce) can diced tomatoes, drained
- 1 (15 ounce) can corn, drained
- 1/2 cup chopped onion
- 1 (10 ounce) can enchilada sauce
- 1 (10.75 ounce) can cream of chicken soup
- 1 cup milk
- 4 (4 ounce) chicken breasts
- 1 cup shredded Pepperjack cheese
- 1 cup shredded cheddar cheese
- Avocado, (optional) sour cream, and tortilla chips for topping
- In a crockpot, combine drained beans, drained tomatoes, corn, enchilada sauce, soup, and milk. Give it a quick stir.
- Add chicken breasts. Make sure to push them down so they are submerged in the liquid.
- Cover and cook on low heat for 6 to 8 hours or on high for 3 to 4 hours.
- Before serving take out chicken breasts, shred them, and return them to the soup. See Tip below for shredding chicken.
- Stir in shredded cheeses. Top with avocado, sour cream, or crushed tortilla chips if desired