- 1 quart (4 cups) fresh strawberries, sliced
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 2 cups Original Bisquick™ mix
- 1/3 cup unsweetened baking cocoa
- 2 tablespoons sugar
- 2/3 cup milk
- 2 tablespoons butter or margarine, melted
- 1/3 cup miniature semisweet chocolate chips
- 1 1/2 cups frozen (thawed) whipped topping
- 1 In medium bowl, toss strawberries and 1/2 cup sugar until coated. Let stand 1 hour.
- 2 Heat oven to 375°F. Spray cookie sheet with cooking spray. In medium bowl, stir Bisquick mix, cocoa, 2 tablespoons sugar, the milk and butter until soft dough forms. Stir in chocolate chips. Drop dough by about 1/3 cupfuls onto cookie sheet.
- 3 Bake 12 to 15 minutes or until tops of shortcakes appear dry and cracked. Cool 15 minutes. Using serrated knife, split warm shortcakes. Fill and top with strawberries and whipped topping.
Sprinkle additional mini chocolate chips over tops of shortcakes.