12 Herbs and spices. The secret recipe for KFC fried chicken has never been revealed, but this is a good copy.
- 1 whole chicken, cut into pieces
- 3 beaten eggs
- 4 tablespoons oil
- 2 cups flour
- 4 teaspoons paprika
- 1 teaspoons salt
- 1 teaspoon pepper
- 1 teaspoon poultry seasoning (or chicken stock powder)
- 1 teaspoon oregano
- 1 teaspoon tarragon
- 1 teaspoon parsley
- 1/2 teaspoon thyme
- 1 teaspoon chives
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/2 teaspoon onion powder
- 1/2 teaspoon celery salt
1. Sift flour and add together all the coating ingredients and grind finely with a mortar and pestle and place in a clean plastic bag.
2. Coat each chicken piece first with the beaten egg, then with the flour mixture in the bag.
3. Make sure you coat each piece completely with the flour.
4. Heat the oil in a skillet.
5. Brown the chicken in oil slowly, uncovered.
6. Once browned, cover the skillet and keeping frying on a very gentle heat until the chicken is fully cooked. 7. Place on paper towels to drain out the excess oil.