- 2 cups fresh strawberries, divided
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 4 teaspoons cornstarch
- 1/4 cup water
- 1 4-serving-size package regular coconut cream pudding mix (not instant)
- 1 1/2 cups milk
- 1 8 ounce can pineapple tidbits, drained
- 1 9 inch baked pastry shell
- Sweetened whipped cream
- Toasted shredded coconut
1. In a food processor or blender, place 1 cup of the strawberries. Cover and process or blend till finely chopped.
2. In a small saucepan, combine sugar and cornstarch. Stir in chopped strawberries and the water. Cook and stir over medium heat till thickened and bubbly; remove from heat and cool.
3. Prepare pudding mix as directed on package using 1 1/2 cups milk. Stir pineapple into warm pudding and pour into pastry shell. Halve remaining strawberries and arrange over the filling in 2 to 3 rows around the outer edge of the pie. Top pie with strawberry mixture. Loosely cover and chill 3 hours or till firm. Top each serving with whipped cream and toasted coconut. Makes 8 servings.