The recipe uses a Chuck Beef Roast which is a cheaper cut that’s packed with flavour. It takes just 10 minutes to prepare the roast, then it’s slow cooked. Start by coating the beef in seasoned flour then sear quickly in a skillet or frying pan. Sliced Onions are layered at the bottom of your slow cooker and topped with brown sugar, bay leaves, garlic and stock. Then turn the heat to low and add your beef. You will love this recipe!
We all love a roast lunch or dinner with family or friends but often the most flavorsome meat can be a bit tough. Learn how to make a delicious fall-apart roast that will melt in the mouth with the easy recipe below.
Author: Zach Averett
Recipe type: Dinner
Serves: 8-10 servings
- 2 lbs Chuck roast, cut into quarters (at minimum)
- 3 tablespoons flour
- 1 tablespoon salt
- 1 teaspoon pepper
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 medium onion, sliced
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- 1 tablespoon brown sugar
- 2 cups beef stock
- 2 bay leaves
- Whisk your flour salt and pepper together. Liberally coat all sides of each piece of your roast in the flour mixture, set aside.
- Get your olive oil nice and hot in a large skillet (please don't burn your house down). Using tongs, sear each side of each piece of roast in the hot oil.
- Place your sliced onion, garlic, brown sugar, bay leaves, and beef stock in the slow cooker. Stir until the sugar is dissolved. Turn the heat to low.
- After the searing is done, place your roast pieces into the slow cooker, on top of the onion slew. Put the lid on and slow-cook for at least 8 hours. Add salt to taste.