This slab version of classic pumpkin pie gets a tasty upgrade with the addition of browned butter and toasted marshmallows.
- 1 box Pillsbury™ refrigerated pie crusts, softened as directed on box
- 1/4 cup butter
- 3/4 cup sugar
- 2 teaspoons pumpkin pie spice
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 2 eggs
- 1 can (15 oz) pumpkin
- 1 can (12 oz) evaporated milk
- 1 bag (16 oz) large marshmallows
- 1 Heat oven to 375° F. On lightly floured surface, unroll crusts; stack on top of each other, and roll out to 19 x 14-inch rectangle. Transfer to ungreased 17 x 12-inch rimmed baking pan. Fold any overhanging crust under, even with edges of pan. Place in refrigerator.
- 2 In 1-quart saucepan, melt butter over medium heat. Cook about 5 minutes, stirring constantly, until butter begins to turn a deep golden color. Remove from heat; brush all over bottom of crust.
- 3 In large bowl, beat sugar, pumpkin pie spice, salt and eggs with whisk until well blended. Beat in pumpkin; stir in evaporated milk. Pour into crust.
- 4 Bake 30 to 35 minutes or until set and toothpick inserted in center comes out clean. Transfer to cooling rack to cool completely.
- 5 Cut marshmallows in half; place cut sides down on top of filling. Use kitchen torch or oven broiler (on high) to toast marshmallows.