Zucchini, spinach and bell pepper layer into this delicious slow-cooker lasagna and you won't believe it is less than 300 calories per serving!
- 1 jar (25.5 oz) Muir Glen™ organic tomato basil pasta sauce
- 1 can (14.5 oz) Muir Glen™ organic fire roasted crushed or diced tomatoes, undrained
- 1/4 teaspoon crushed red pepper, if desired
- 1 yellow bell pepper, coarsely chopped
- 1 zucchini, halved and thinly sliced
- 9 uncooked lasagna noodles
- 1 1/4 cups light ricotta cheese
- 1 1/2 cups shredded part-skim mozzarella cheese (6 oz)
- 4 cups coarsely chopped fresh baby spinach (4 oz)
- 1 Spray 5- to 6-quart slow cooker with cooking spray. In medium bowl, mix pasta sauce, tomatoes, crushed red pepper, bell pepper and zucchini. Spread 1 cup tomato mixture in bottom of slow cooker.
- 2 Layer 3 lasagna noodles, broken into pieces to fit, over sauce in slow cooker. Spread half of the ricotta cheese over noodles; sprinkle with 1/4 cup of the mozzarella cheese and half of the spinach. Top with one-third of the tomato sauce mixture (about 1 1/2 cups). Repeat layering of noodles, cheeses and spinach. Top with remaining 3 noodles and sauce. Save remaining 1 cup mozzarella cheese in refrigerator.
- 3 Cover; cook on Low heat setting 4 to 5 hours or until noodles are tender and cooked through. Sprinkle with reserved mozzarella; cover and let stand 10 minutes to melt cheese.