Have you discovered the incredible flavor combination that is Yogurt and Chicken? You are going to be bowled over by just how good this Greek Marinated Chicken tastes and there are a number of ways you can cook it.
We have found you an incredible recipe that will tantalize your taste buds and is budget friendly. In fact we bet that this Greek Marinated Chicken will be on the menu weekly when you taste it. This particular version that we found on one of our favorite sites ‘Budget Bytes’ only requires 30 minutes marinading time. It uses Greek Yogurt, Olive Oil, Garlic, Lemon and Herbs.
You can grill or BBQ it and it’s equally mouthwatering when you bake it. Either way, you’ll get a deliciously moist chicken that is really inexpensive and will literally melt in your mouth. Of course you can marinade for longer, many of the recipes we have seen suggest between 2-4 hours so it will depend on what time frame you have. Be sure that you scroll our page for all the details, we have even included a very short video that shows you how quick this popular dish is to make.
<iframe width="736" height="515" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/X_JFBAuxLPM" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>Ingredients:
- 1 cup plain yogurt
- 2 Tbsp olive oil
- 4 cloves garlic, minced
- ½ Tbsp dried oregano
- 1 medium lemon
- ½ tsp salt
- freshly cracked pepper
- ¼ bunch fresh parsley
- 3½ to 4 lbs chicken pieces
- To make the marinade, combine the yogurt, olive oil, minced garlic, oregano, salt, and some freshly cracked pepper in a bowl. Use a fine holed cheese grater or a zester to scrape the thin layer of yellow zest from the lemon skin into the bowl. Also add the juice from half of the lemon (about 1-2 Tbsp). Stir until the ingredients are well combined. Roughly chop a big handful, or about ¼ bunch, of parsley and stir it into the marinade.
- Add the chicken pieces and marinade to a gallon sized zip top bag. Remove as much air as possible, close the bag tightly, and massage the bag to mix the contents and make sure the chicken is well coated. Refrigerate the bag for 30 minutes.
- After marinating for 30 minutes, either cook the chicken on a grill OR preheat the oven to 375 degrees in preparation to bake the chicken.
- To bake the chicken, place the chicken pieces in a large casserole dish (9x13). Bake the chicken in the preheated 375 degree oven for 45-60 minutes, or until golden brown on top.
This recipe is extra garlicky. If you're not into heavy garlic, try starting with two cloves instead of four.
Click Here for Step By Step Tutorial.