These Sweet Potato Wedges are oven baked, extra crispy and totally addictive. They’re really easy to make and all you need is a few simple ingredients and 10 minutes preparation!
The recipe uses just Italian Seasoning, Black Pepper, Salt, a little Brown Sugar and some Olive Oil. They take only ten minutes to prepare but need to be baked for 35 minutes so that they’re extra crunchy and crispy so be sure to get them started first and popped into the oven if you’re planning a quick and easy dinner. You can leave the skins on or peel them.
Prep Time: 10 minutes
Cook Time: 40 minutes
Total Time: 50 minutes
Yield: Serves 2-3 as a snack or side dish.
- 2 large sweet potatoes, peeled (or unpeeled, if you like skin) and cut into wedges
- 2 1/2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 1/2 teaspoons salt
- 1 teaspoon sugar
- 1 tablespoon Italian seasoning
- 1/2 teaspoon black pepper
- Preheat oven to 450 degrees (F). Line a large baking sheet with tinfoil (shiny side up); place baking rack onto prepared baking sheet; set aside.
- Peel the sweet potatoes (if preferred) and cut off the pointy ends. Slice the sweet potatoes in half (lengthwise), then cut each piece into wedges.
- Place the sweet potato wedges in a large bowl, then add in the olive oil, salt, sugar, seasoning, and black pepper. Mix well, making sure each wedge is coated with oil and spices.
- Arrange the sweet potato wedges in a single layer on the prepared baking sheet. Bake for 30 minutes, then turn on the broiler and bake for another 3-5 minutes, or until they're well browned and crispy. Keep an eye here - it's easy to burn when the broiler is on!
- Cool wedges on pan for 5 minutes, then serve at once!
The baking times listed above are approximate; it depends how thick you cut the sweet potato wedges. For best results, try to cut the wedges evenly; this will help them cook at about the same rate. Double recipe as needed, but only bake one tray at a time.