ou’ll love to try this Bacon Cheeseburger Potato Pie and how delicious does it look! All you need is a handful of ingredients – Bacon, Cheese, Minced Beef and Eggs. We’ve included a few different versions for you to road test including a Shepherd’s Pie version so be sure to scroll our post and check them all out. If you are yet to join our very popular Newsletter, it’s fun and free. You receive 10 of our favorite posts daily to your inbox. You can join here !
- 2 lb lean ground beef (I used 93%)
- 1 onion
- 2 tbsp crushed garlic
- 2 cans condensed cheddar cheese soup (10.75 oz each)
- ½ cup ketchup
- ⅛ cup yellow mustard
- 1 tsp Worcestershire sauce
- 1 box/envelope creamy butter instant mashed potatoes (make according to directions) OR boil 5 large potatoes and mash
- ¼ - ½ cup shredded Cheddar cheese
- Crumbled bacon (I bought the microwavable kind / quick and easy!) *optional
- Sliced green onions *optional
- Cook beef in a skillet on the stovetop, onion and garlic over low/medium heat (about 5 minutes). Once meat is brown (cooked), stir in soup, ketchup, mustard and Worcestershire sauce. Heat to a boil and occasionally stir. Reduce heat once boiling to low, cover and simmer for 10-15 minutes
- Cook potatoes
- Spoon beef mixture into a serving dish, top with potato and sprinkle cheese. Top with bacon and onion
- Spoon beef mixture into a 9x13 baking dish and layer potato on top (spread evenly). Sprinkle with cheese. Top with bacon and onion.
- The hot potato will melt the cheese or if potato isn't hot, reheat in microwave.